Best answer

Failed to skip testing for Linkedln Ads: Error while retrieving, cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined.

• 18 May 2023
  • 7 replies

HI,

I am building a zap for LinkedIn Premium. The event is: New Lead Gen Form Response. When I try to test the trigger; I got this error:

Quite strange; because there is some test data and even a real repsonse.

Does some know how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 November 2023, 14:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GetForward 

Good question.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496049749133-How-to-Get-Started-with-LinkedIn-Ads-on-Zapier#about-app-s-app

I'm not receiving any test data

You can create test leads with a click of a button through the Campaign Manager UI. The complete instructions are mentioned in this help article.

What permissions do I need to access data via the New Form Response trigger?

LinkedIn offers a guide here detailing what permissions are needed for access of this data.

In short, you must be assigned as BOTH the Account Manager or Campaign Manager role on the ads account in the Campaign Manager tool, as well as the Company Page Admin or Lead Gen Forms Manager role.

Same issue, I am the Account Manager on Ads Account, and Super Admin on the Company Page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello there @GetForward and @sahilakos,

I did some digging here regarding the error you're running into, and it turns out we see a known bug with LinkedIn Ads integration.

A bug report is in place, and I've added both of your contact information. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  •  Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

While I can’t provide an ETA for when they might resolve this issue, we'll get back to you immediately when a fix ships for the problem.

I'm sorry we couldn't resolve this issue for you right away. I know this is a hassle, but please feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime!

We have the same issue. 

The Zap uses LinkedIn Ads Premium and the connection uses the LI account of our billing admin. This is the Account Manager on Ads Account, and Super Admin on the Company Page.

Can you let us know when resolved? 

Does this mean we can’t connect a LinkedIn Lead form at all?

Looks like it might have been fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Inter2City1,

It seems like the error has calmed down since May 19th. However, just to be safe, I've included your email address in the bug report. If the error occurs again and there's any update, we'll make sure to inform you either by email or through this thread. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific timeframe for when the issue will be completely resolved.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! Just popping by with a quick update to confirm that the bug report for this issue has recently been closed. 🎉

If your Zaps start running into these errors again please do let us know so we can work to resolve this. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡