Best answer

Failed to create an opportunity in Close: The request to /opportunity/ failed because of the following error: {"field-errrors":{"lead":"Object does not exist.".},"errror":[]}

• 13 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Hey, so I’m trying to setup a Zap between Calendly and Close.io 

The principle is simple → I want every booked call event to be turned into an ‘Opportunity’ within Close.io. 

After connecting both through API, I run in the following error: 

“The request to /opportunity/ failed because of the following errors: {"field-errors":{"lead":"Object does not exist."},"errors":[]}”

I’ve tried to create a new ‘Lead’ name by booking a test name within Calendly, see below

I just don’t know whether it’s Calendly or Close.io that’s causing this error?

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 13 April 2023, 21:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Pascu Dragos 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Have you, by chance, tried to map an ID for the field “Lead?” If so, did you get an error message?

Also, could you send a full screenshot of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pascu Dragos 

Good question.

The Lead field expects the internal Close Lead ID.

You will need to first Find/Create Lead in Close.

Then map the Lead ID field between Zap steps.

Hi @Pascu Dragos 

Good question.

The Lead field expects the internal Close Lead ID.

You will need to first Find/Create Lead in Close.

Then map the Lead ID field between Zap steps.

So what you’re saying is that I first need to create the same lead within Close.io manually, and then create the Zap? Would this be done just once or would I need to do this every single time?

Hi @Pascu Dragos 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Have you, by chance, tried to map an ID for the field “Lead?” If so, did you get an error message?

Also, could you send a full screenshot of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

I’ve turned it into a template as it’s easier rather than adding 8-10 screenshots:

https://zapier.com/shared/cedcc320faa66d161f5d4e728302042ff543c31c

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Pascu Dragos 

you can add another step to the Zap: Close - Find or Create Lead

@Pascu Dragos

you can add another step to the Zap: Close - Find or Create Lead

hey, thank you so much for that! It seems to work as it does add a lead to Close now. But it still doesn’t mark it as an opportunity in the 3rd step, see below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Pascu Dragos,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you send a screenshot of the data that you have mapped onto the "Lead" field? Please ensure that you have mapped the Lead ID from the "Find or Create Lead" step to the "Lead" field.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hey there @Pascu Dragos,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you send a screenshot of the data that you have mapped onto the "Lead" field? Please ensure that you have mapped the Lead ID from the "Find or Create Lead" step to the "Lead" field.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hey, sorry.. I’m really confused with regards to what to put where. See screenshots attached, this is what I have so far. 

4a3aa8f992324c30c629a53387548044.png
(view larger)
72a7d6afaef9393ff9a4de4da8177724.png
(view larger)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Pascu Dragos,

Thanks for the screenshots!

The “Lead” field from the “Create Opportunity” step should be mapped with the Lead ID coming from the 2nd step. Like so:

c0f3aa4af33d49fc5574e7118a9ae4a8.png
(view larger)

Here’s an example of the Lead ID from my example Zap:

ec8db696d4ffdd6e927234a353f015a0.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊