Question

Failed to create a subscribe to tag in CovertKit: Error from halted execution: Unexpected status code 404

I’m trying to create a tag in ConvertKit when the Project Status changes in Dubsado, but I keep receiving a 404 Code. Would appreciate help with what to do next!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @yoganatb 

Good question.

The Tag field expects the internal Tag ID as indicated by the 123 icon next to the field label.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I’d love some clarification on this, too! By internal Tag ID, that means not being able to use the custom fields from Dubsado?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@magb0495 

If you look at the standardized dropdown list of options, you will see 2 values for each Tag.

The larger value in black is the friendly label.

The smaller value in gray is the internal ID.

The field expects the internal ID value.

Userlevel 1

I’m currently having this same issue. What does a valid internal ID value look like?

I am using Code by Zapier to extract this information. Do I need to add something in the return?

Userlevel 1

I’m currently having this same issue. What does a valid internal ID value look like?

I am using Code by Zapier to extract this information. Do I need to add something in the return?

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@claytoncuteri 

Look at the dropdown list of options.

Based on the 123 icon next to the label Tag, it expects a numerical value for the Tag.

If you look at the standardized dropdown list of options, you will see 2 values for each Tag.

The larger value in black is the friendly label.

The smaller value in gray is the internal ID.

The field expects the internal ID value.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Oh I see now. 

When using Code by Zapier, it is returning this:

But, for it to get translated into ConvertKit, it needs this number:

Do you have any recomendations for how to easily do this when you won’t know the tag until after it runs through Code by Zapier? Is there a look up table?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@claytoncuteri 

You can create a lookup table to use in the Zap:

Or you can use the ConvertKit API: https://developers.convertkit.com/

Zap action: ConvertKit - API Request

If you need help consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Userlevel 1

Solution I went with was adding the tag number to the output object.

then using that as the input. Worked perfectly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @claytoncuteri,

Awesome! We’re gad to hear you were able to get it sorted! 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊