Question

Failed to create a record in Airtable: Could not update record in Airtable: Error code 404. {"error":"NOT_FOUND"}.

• 2 March 2023
  • 6 replies

How do I set up my Update Airtable Record so that only certain Formstack fields update? When I try to do it by selecting Airtable data instead of Formstack data, I get errors. 

Failed to create a record in Airtable

Could not update record in Airtable: Error code 404. {"error":"NOT_FOUND"}

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @cbseminary! Thanks for reaching out in community. I’m sorry to hear you’re running into that!

Are you able to share a screenshot of your action setup (with any personal details removed)? That may help us troubleshoot with ya. 🤗

Hey there, @cbseminary! Thanks for reaching out in community. I’m sorry to hear you’re running into that!

Are you able to share a screenshot of your action setup (with any personal details removed)? That may help us troubleshoot with ya. 🤗

Thank you, Christina! Attached are my Update record settings. The way this is, it works bu

t when I try to make any of the fields Airtable data, not Formstack data or leave them blank, my zap errors. I really only need to Add the bottom four fields data from Formstack and leave the rest of the Airtable alone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @cbseminary! 👋

Thanks for sharing that helpful screenshot of the setup, I couldn’t quite see what’s been selected for the Record field though.

As the error appears to be saying that it can’t find the record I’m thinking that the Record field might not have the right record ID selected. That could explain why you’re still getting an error regardless of whether you’ve selected values fore those record fields or not.

Are you selecting the record from the previous Airtable action in the Zap? If not, can you try selecting the id field from the previous Airtable action instead? Presumably that previous action is a Find Record action, right? In which case, that should ensure that the Zap should then be able to update the same Airtable record.

Looking forward to hearing form you on this!

Here is the Find Record settings. I am using Search be Field Last Name because we are not asking in the form for their Record (or in our case we are calling it Student) ID. We just want their data to be updated but not necessarily their contact details too, just the bottom 4 fields as that is new information to add.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cbseminary 

Im a bit confused as to what those screenshots are for exactly as they are showing more fields than they should. Is that an Airtable Search action or Update action? 

You first need a Search action to look for the record, bring the RecordID from Airtable, then use this RecordID to update the record. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cbseminary 

Please provide a screenshot of the encountered error within the context of the Zap step that is returning the error, thanks.