Question

Excel steps not working: "We're having trouble loading 'Worksheet' data. Unable to process request."

Userlevel 1

I’m having very non descriptive errors on a number of Zaps that use Excel steps or an Excel trigger.

For example, for a Find Row step on Excel, the Zaps are showing this error:

If I go to that URL showed on the error message, it’s just the general info about Zapier-Excel integration.

For Excel trigger steps, the error is the following:

This error has been going on for at least a couple of days, and it’s preventing key integrations from running.

I have tested the Excel connections on the “My Apps” section, and they all returned Test successful. 

The account being used is the creator and owner of the Spreadsheets to which we need access.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rkanter 👋

Thanks for flagging this with the Community! I’ve taken a look but couldn’t see and bug reports that match those errors you’re seeing here. So I’m wondering if there might be an issue with the spreadsheet itself.

Was the spreadsheet renamed recently? If so, it could be that renaming it caused a disconnect with your Zap. In which case can you try reselecting the spreadsheet in the relevant trigger and actions steps to see if that gets rid of those errors?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rkanter 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to help give us context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB , the Excel spreadsheet hasn’t been renamed. As for reselecting the spreadsheet, I am not able to do it because the step is not loading all my spreadsheets. The spreadsheet's name starts with ‘Z’, and I’m only able to load 58 items, so up to the ones that start with a ‘D’ (see pic below).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rkanter 

Try to use the Custom option to set the Spreadsheet ID.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone , attaching screenshots of configured steps.

This is for the one that is a trigger:

This is for the one that is a “Find Row” step:

They are both returning a “Unable to process request” error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rkanter 

Have you reviewed the available Excel help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I have, haven’t found anything helpful for this matter

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @rkanter,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried using the Spreadsheet ID of “Zoho Sprints and Desk Automation - For Zapier.xlsx” as a custom value as Troy suggested?

@rkanter

Try to use the Custom option to set the Spreadsheet ID.

Here’s an example of the Spreadsheet ID:

9ce5455b04a9e7d9a983935bb99680ad.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Hi all,

I'm experiencing similar issues where Zapier cannot load Worksheet data (“Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Worksheet' data. Unable to process request. Learn more about this error: http://zpr.io/6a6q8”) and if I select the worksheet using the ID, it cannot load the columns either (“Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Lookup Column' data. Unable to process request. Learn more about this error: http://zpr.io/6a6q8”). If I put in a col number manually and run the zap, it will error: “Failed to find or create a find row in Microsoft Excel
Unable to process request. Learn more about this error: http://zpr.io/6a6q8”

The excel file is on OneDrive and is 19MB of size. It feels as if it's unable to get any access to the contents of the file. The name hasn't changed, the file is created by the same owner that logs into OneDrive through Zapier. Does anyone know what else I could do/check to fix it?

Best,

Caspar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @CasparSmits,

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

Could you please let me know if you’re still running into an issue with the Zap? If so, could you confirm if the worksheet is password protected or if there might be any restriction that is blocking the connected user from accessing the worksheet?

Please keep me posted!