Best answer

Email value not appearing as option in Zapier

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve created a Zap between an app called Quiz Maker and Klaviyo, so that when someone adds their email on the Quiz Maker side, it adds a subscriber to the list of my choosing in Klaviyo. The problem is that I’m unclear what to add for the email value on the Zapier side. I don’t see any option in the ‘insert data’ menu for ‘email’ from the quiz - and the test results don’t pass through an email either…wondering if I’m making a super basic error - which is probably the case as I’m a newbie at Zaps:)

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Daniel F13 18 January 2022, 17:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! I was relying on the Zapier test - which did not submit an email, so none populated in the data for me to add. When I ran my own quiz and entered my email at the end, and Zapier allowed me to pull that for the test and it populated the email address and added to my list.

A million thank you’s @Troy Tessalone 

You’ve saved my day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Daniel F13 

Are you collecting email on the Quiz?

Did you scroll up/down or search for “@”?

Try submitting a live quiz, then pulling thru the newer trigger data examples: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I tried it(: still no email option...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Daniel F13 

Try clicking this to see all the available variables to map...