Question

Gmail is throttling after sending over 70+ emails

• 24 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I started today my Zap. After sending over 70+ Gmails it has started throtteling. I’ve read other posts in the community and I’m not sure if it is the same case as they are premium users and we’ve been already allowed to send much more emails than the limits stiupulated on the platform.

Urgent, any help is appreciated,

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Santi 

Can you post screenshots of the message in your Zap Runs history details about the throttling?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Help article about rate limits and throttling in Zapier: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496181445261-Rate-limits-and-throttling-in-Zapier

Hi Troy

Is this what you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Santi 

You can try replaying the HELD Zap Runs manually.

Autoreplay will not replay Zap runs with a Held status.

You must manually replay them in Zap history or in the Zap editor instead. 

@Troy Tessalone 

I’ve replayed it but still remains throtteled and held.

I don’t have autoreplay neither because I’m not a premium user. 

Any other solution? I’m quite desperate, doing a launch at my business and I’m probably losing clients if this doesn’t work. I did some trials and worked perfect, and it did so for the first hour sending plenty of them with 0 problems.. I don’t understand much this platform and I can’t find what is potentially happening...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Santi 

Are you on a Zapier paid plan?

Zaps with 3+ steps need a Zapier paid plan to turn the Zap ON.

@Troy Tessalone

No, I have a free account. My zap has 3 steps only and as mentioned above it has been working for the first 90 zaps and then it has stopped. I’m very lost, I don’t understand why it has stopped working. I’ve also opened a ticket with the support but I don’t expect to get an answer in time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Santi

Perhaps you were on a Zapier trial that has since ended.

You probably need to upgrade to a Zapier paid plan.

Zaps with 3+ steps require a Zapier paid plan to have that Zap turned ON.

@Troy Tessalone 

My Zapier Premium trial has yet not ended because I’ve started my account today:

And I haven’t surpassed the 1,000 tasks either:

I’m probably going to try with premium because there is no other thing I haven’t tried. In case it doesn’t work still I hope there is a good refund policy or another alternative to solve this problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Santi 

FYI...

Zapier throttling

If you’re on the Free plan or on a trial, your Zap can error saying it has been throttled if too many actions go through in a short time span.
The limit is approximately 200 actions every ten minutes per Zap.
This limit does not apply to paid accounts.