Best answer

Editing is very slow

Userlevel 2

I am editing my Zap on a Windows machine with a solid internet connection.  I have about 180 download speed and over 200 upload speed.  I am using the Brave browser.

As I edit my Zap, when I make a change to any field, it takes an inordinate amount of time for the system to let me edit the next field.  A couple of times it has even timed out and I had to reload the page.

All other web sites are loading with no affect to their speed.  I have not had this issue in the past.

Is there anything you can think of that might be slowing down the system?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 August 2022, 20:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @mdvolkjr, @umar263, @Chris Lombardi, @Tony P, @Israel, @Pdan95 @AndrewArbs, and @creidenberg. Thanks so much for flagging this and letting us know ya’ll are impacted by this.

I’m still doing some digging into this on my end but I did want to let ya’ll know this is a confirmed bug in the editor.

I know this is frustrating and I really can’t thank everyone enough for their patience. I’ll continue to keep this topic updated once a fix is in place. 

Userlevel 1

Hey there, @mdvolkjr@umar263@Chris Lombardi@Tony P@Israel@Pdan95 @AndrewArbs, and @creidenberg. Thanks so much for flagging this and letting us know ya’ll are impacted by this.

I’m still doing some digging into this on my end but I did want to let ya’ll know this is a confirmed bug in the editor.

I know this is frustrating and I really can’t thank everyone enough for their patience. I’ll continue to keep this topic updated once a fix is in place. 

What are the time frames on resolving this as it surely is a prettty big deal that people cannot edit their zaps at all?  

I am on a different machine now and trying to edit one of the steps within the zap and cannot even load the app / event screens let alone the action setup or anything else?

Could you please advise as we have a time sensitive project that we’re working on and may have to find an alternative integrator if this issue persists.

As others have mentioned since you last updated the software it’s been a lot worse in terms of performance but this is obviously a serious bug as unless youv’ve got unlimited time in a day you can’t physically edit anything? 

Userlevel 1

@Zapier you guys really need to take a look at this. I can deal with an interface change and some new ways of doing things, one can adapt, but at this point I am literally just unable to use zapier at all, it frozes as if my laptop had no resources, which it does. I have tried in multiple browsers just to test and still the same thing.

For me (and probably for everyone) this is a critical issue, and not to say that the new changes are bad but this has been going on ever since, however, in the past days it’s impossible to use (literally).

I have taken the liberty of recording a loom, vid here talking about the issue, hope it helps in solving it. Please keep us posted on your advances, some of us need to keep multiple teams on the loop about why zaps are not being taken care of when it comes to new changes & updates.

PS: In the video I mention the issue started yesterday, by that I mean the issue of it completely freezing, the issue really has weeks of being slow, but it had in the past never frozen like this.

This is the exact issue we are having - it’s been slow/ awful to use in weeks gone by but when we’ve managed to make do - now logging in today when we actually need to finalise / make this work we’re the same as you and cannot use it whatsoever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all! I wanted to share the latest - this has been resolved and the bug closed. 🎉

If you are still seeing some laggy behavior in the editor with these larger zaps, please open a ticket with our support team so they can dig into it with you.

Thanks so much for your patience while the team sorted this out! We also appreciate everyone continuing to share your feedback and experiences here in the Community.

Userlevel 1

ever since this new update has been pushed out, zapier has been absolutely unbearable to use. it’s been taking 5x the amount of time to create a zap. This app was just fine the way it was a few years ago. Each time they push one of these updates out, zapier honestly takes a step backwards. Yet its 10x the cost of integromat. Makes no sense.

Userlevel 1

@Zapier you guys really need to take a look at this. I can deal with an interface change and some new ways of doing things, one can adapt, but at this point I am literally just unable to use zapier at all, it frozes as if my laptop had no resources, which it does. I have tried in multiple browsers just to test and still the same thing.

For me (and probably for everyone) this is a critical issue, and not to say that the new changes are bad but this has been going on ever since, however, in the past days it’s impossible to use (literally).

I have taken the liberty of recording a loom, vid here talking about the issue, hope it helps in solving it. Please keep us posted on your advances, some of us need to keep multiple teams on the loop about why zaps are not being taken care of when it comes to new changes & updates.

PS: In the video I mention the issue started yesterday, by that I mean the issue of it completely freezing, the issue really has weeks of being slow, but it had in the past never frozen like this.

Userlevel 1

I have to kick “wait” in my broswer while it takes a full 60 seconds for things to populate. Yes it’s a large zap, but i notice the lag centers around one particular integration. Like it’s hogging all the bandwidth with whatever calls its making in the background. Please please plese make a desktop app editor that’s optimized to run like lightning. 

It is VERY bad

Exactly the same issue from my side (on a large zap)

I have noticed other things breaking with Zapier recently.  When I was finially able to edit a zap after about 4 hours, some of the data appears to be getting criss-crossed with other data and I am gettign two outputs when that is clearly not in the zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Timbit44 

I’m sorry that the editor is slow for you, that must be really frustrating. There aren’t any issues that are causing a slowdown, so I’d recommend checking with the Support Team to see if there’s anything causing this problem for you. You can get it touch with them using the Get Help form. Thanks!

Userlevel 2

It worked itself out once the normal business day ended.  I’m guessing there were a lot of users on their system and that affected the performance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, thanks for reaching out, @IamH3 and keeping us posted when it resolved!

If it pops up again for you, I’d actually recommend opening a ticket with our friends in support.

Do you mind if I ask, was this a fairly large zap you were editing? The reason I ask if we’ve been experiencing some slow load times and if it was, I was curious if it was related.

Either way, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

I am having this exact issue and it is very unbearable. 

I am editing a pretty large Zap.

I was actually looking at integromat (make) after this happened and it actually seems to give me more control over one web serviced I use.  I just don’t want to have to retool anything if I don’t have to, but at the Zapier speeds it will destroy my productivity.

I’m having the same problem and now it is becoming unbearable!

For reference, I’m trying to edit a multi-level zap and it is taking forever. However, this wasn’t the case a week ago!

Also, It is taking up a lot of juice from my computer. I checked the performance log and it was taking up 75% of my system resources and then a modal window popped up, “this page is unresponsive”. I’m using Macbook M1, it’s a fairly powerful computer but Zapier is not doing justice with the resource utilisation.

Zapier, please fix it!

I’m having the same problem !!!!!

Also having the same problem - this is a real issue.

same - on zaps of all sizes. It is unbearable 

It would be good to hear from Zapier. What is being done and set some expectations so we can decide how to proceed. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue. Most of the time, the Zapier editor just hangs or stalls, and I have to reload the page several times in order to continue to the following steps. 

There are some Zaps that I literally cannot edit anymore. Granted, they may be rather large Zaps with several paths, but before the update, there was absolutely no issue with editting. Now, whenever I want to edit steps, the browser tab just stalls, loads nothing or crashes. 

I’m starting to look at other providers, as Zapier is simply not delivering anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there - @Filip@mdvolkjr@mattpinkdog@JamiePlanner@ineptie@Tony P@creidenberg​​@AndrewArbs@Pdan95@Israel @umar263@Chris Lombardi@IamH3, and anyone who may be following along.

Thank you so much for your patience on an update. If ya’ll haven’t already done so, the official recommendation at this point is to open a ticket with my teammates in support. I know this is an extra step but the reasoning for this is there are several variables impacting this bug. Our support team has the ability to view your zap logs, triage, and provide recommendations accordingly. 

We’re hoping to have a fix for this soon! Rest assured this is a top priority for the team. When we do, we’ll be back to update everyone. I know this is frustrating and how much this is impacting everyone.

I really appreciate everyone hanging in there.

Having the same issue here, creating a new zap seems to be fine but editing a previously created one is ridiculously slow this one has about 25 steps.

Experiencing the same thing with the new editor