Best answer

Dropbox + Asana subfolder creation

• 27 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there - I am hoping someone has some insight into the issue I’m encountering. I have Asana and Dropbox. Here is the scenario. I create a Section in Asana. When I create that section, I have a Zap that creates a folder in dropbox using the Section name. 

When I am prompted to choose a path for the folder in Dropbox, I’m only able to choose to create the folder in the highest level of dropbox - the choice is marked as “/”. However, when I run this as a test, the highest level is not actually the highest level, its my personal folder inside my company’s folders. I would like to be able to choose a subfolder inside the highest level. I have admin privileges on the Dropbox. Any insight on how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help offered - Sarah

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 October 2020, 18:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can keep drilling into subfolders within the Folder file.

Select the parent folder, then click out, then click back in and the list of folder will now show the subfolders.

Hm - thanks for the reply but unfortunately, nothing shows when I click out and click back in. If I click LOAD MORE, this is what I see:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you using Team folders in Dropbox?

Do you support Team folders (Dropbox for Business)?

At the moment, we don't support Team folders, but we do have it as a feature request.
To add your interest, contact support and we can notify you if and when we are able to add this to the Dropbox integration.

Make sure you have the correct Dropbox account authenticated in Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Make sure the Zap step has the correct Dropbox account selected.

Yes - we use Team folders. Thanks for your help. I will reach out and express interest in this integration.