Best answer

DocuSign error: INVALIDREQUESTPARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter.

• 15 November 2023
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to set up a 3 step integration with Monday.com, Google Docs and Docusign Integration. The Monday and GDoc Steps seems to have gone through without an issue. However, after setting all the fields on the Docusign Step, it errors out with this error:

Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

I cant seem to find the ‘Name’ field that is “Invalid”

Please find below screenshots for the steps and the fields
if someone could please help me out with this, that would be absolutely fantastic

There is one more field and the option to continue to the next step

Below is all of the fields available in the DocuSign Step

But when its time to test it, this is the error I am met with

Could you please help me spot the issue?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 December 2023, 07:47

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Niran 

Good question.

The error seems to indicate that if you are uploading a Document, then a Name field needs to be filled out.

A field may not be exposed that is required.

That may be due to an issue with how this integration is configured.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Niran,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

This error is happening because the File URL from Google Docs is not valid. Looking at the screenshot, the (file) field here expects the actual file entry:

91174477c5bcb39c540042d78ee3665b.png
(view larger)

This field supports certain types of file entries only. More information on that here: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/different-field-types-in-zaps#step-4

You may pass on a file using the URL of the file, but the URL needs to be containing the actual file. This means that the file needs to be downloadable.

With that being said, the “Create Document from Template” action doesn’t return the downloadable URL or the file object. You’ll need to add a “Find a Document” step after the “Create Document from Template” step, then mapping the Title of the document from the “Create Document from Template” step to the “Document Name” field in the “Find a Document” step.

After that, you’ll need to map the 7d7cc94851781abd6ee4ea5a9c5ba1c2.png from the “Find a Document” step to the “Document” field in DocuSign step.

Could you please give that a try, and let me know how it goes?

Userlevel 1

Hello, @ken.a 
Thank you for your support
I did try including that step but it has returned with the same error
Please take a look at the screenshots below and let me know if there is something i am doing wrong

1. This is the ‘Find a document’ Step

As you had mentioned, I have also mapped the Document name from the Title Field in the ‘Create a Document’ Step

1. This is the DocuSign Step
    Where I have used (in the document field) ‘File Pdf’ , ‘File’ and ‘Exports Link Application Pdf’ but in all cases, It returns with the same Error

Please do let me know if there is something i should change about the above
Thank you, once again, for your support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for trying my suggestion out @Niran!

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I appreciate your patience, and I want to express my sincere apologies for the slight delay in our response. We're currently experiencing a higher volume of emails than usual. However, I want you to know that your concern is our top priority.

From the information you've provided and the screenshot, it seems like the issue might be linked to the Document field.

This error is happening because the File URL from Google Docs is not valid. Looking into the Zap, the (file) field here expects the actual file entry:

The Document field is a file field and accepts specific types of inputs, either a file object or a publicly accessible, downloadable URL.

You may pass on a file using the URL of the file, but the URL needs to be containing the actual file. This means that the file needs to be downloadable.

For example: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5gw98mg8pmjxpv5/Zapier%20test%20PDF%20file.pdf?dl=0

If you click on the above link, notice how the pdf file directly downloads into your computer? This is the type of link that the attachment field needs in order to get the image file accepted by (app name).

Could you please provide a URL that's publicly accessible and downloadable? For further guidance on this, you can refer to our article: Send files in Zaps 

I’d recommend continuing the troubleshooting with our Support Team via email since our Support Team has the correct tools to look closer at the Zap, and dive deeper at its logs to determine the cause of the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hello, @ken.a 

Your support is much appreciated
I had raised a ticket on the same day i had uploaded this post

I will let you know how the issue gets sorted out

Thank you!

@Niran Hello, i have the same problem. Did you and the Zapier team find a solution?

Userlevel 1

Hello, @Dries!
I dont have a solution yet but i am liaising with Zap Support
they have been super helpful and timely in their replies

Once i am able to solve the issue, i will post the solution here! :)

@Niran - did you solve this problem in the meantime? Since I am stuck in the same situation. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Dries and @Markus_PH,

It looks like our Support Team identified this error as a bug. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with DocuSign on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

Is there any update on this bug please? We’re trying to implement a similar processes and getting the same issue.

Thanks

CC

Hi,

Is there any news on this? @ken.a

I have the same problem :/

Thanks.

PS: I’ve also tried putting a downloadable link as an input of the document and the problem still remains.

@ken.a I mention you, please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Clearcare Solutions LTD and @paprel,

I apologize for the late reply here.

It looks like this bug is still open. I have added your vote to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an ETA for the bug’s fix, we will let you know via email as soon as there’s an update.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Great, thank you, @ken.a !

Hi @Clearcare Solutions LTD and @paprel,

I apologize for the late reply here.

It looks like this bug is still open. I have added your vote to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an ETA for the bug’s fix, we will let you know via email as soon as there’s an update.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Is there any news on this bug ?  The Docusign integration seems broken ATM.

Userlevel 1

Hi, same here.

Hi, the same question, please. Thanks.

Same error here. Please fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lars P., @axelP08, and @dealify_ai,

I have added you all to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

@paprel, I apologize, but the bug is still open. I’d suggest giving DocuSign a nudge regarding the issue since they are the ones who manage and maintain their integration with Zapier.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi @Lars P.@axelP08, and @dealify_ai,

I have added you all to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

@paprel, I apologize, but the bug is still open. I’d suggest giving DocuSign a nudge regarding the issue since they are the ones who manage and maintain their integration with Zapier.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have the same error as well. Please add me to the open bug report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @chuck1995,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. We will keep you posted via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thanks!

Same issue

/subscribe

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Iroda,

I have added you as another affected member. We will keep you informed via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Same issue here, please add me to the open bug report.

Thank you!