Best answer

DocuSign error : Could not create signature request: INVALIDREQUESTPARAMETER

• 14 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I'm looking to create automation (fairly simple in theory): Quote created in Pennylane -> Sending the quote to the prospect via Docusign via Zapier.But I still get errors like this :

Failed to create an envelope using document in DocuSign : Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

Can you help me ?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 5 March 2024, 10:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Julienesspay and @harrisonking,

It looks like that’s an error we’ve been running into with DocuSign is a known bug when using the “Send Envelope Request” action. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with DocuSign on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hello @harrisonking , 

It seems to be not possible with Docusign, only with Sign now, this is the feedback I got.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Julienesspay 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Yes

Userlevel 1

Hi @Julienesspay 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Here are the screenshots.

To give you an idea, when a quote is created in Pennylane, I want to send it for signature via docusign to my client.

Thanks in advance

I’m having this exact issue, there is no option to set the name field? We’re supposed to attach a downloadable URL link but then DocuSign wants a name field which we can’t set.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Julienesspay 

Check the field descriptions for each field for possible guidance.

The error seems to indicate a “name” field wasn’t populated related to a document.