Best answer

Discord error

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

hi does anyone know how to make zapier extract a discord users email. it always seems to have an error at that step and the zaps fail. 

thank you 

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 28 November 2022, 16:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @waqar!

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zap. Could you let us know more about what you’re trying to do and what the error is?

Specifically:

• What trigger and action/s are in your Zap?
  • Are you seeing the error message when you test the Zap or when the Zap is running?
  • What is the specific error message?

It would also be super helpful if you could share a screenshot of the Zap step that’s causing the trouble. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey!

thank you for getting back. 

the apps involved in the steps are discord and learnyst 

the trigger is a reaction to  a message on discord 

and the action is a paid enrollment on learnyst. 

The error that come sis up us required field email is missing. 

the zap is struggling to extract the email of the discord user who has reacted to the message. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @waqar - looks like you were able to get an answer from our friends over in Support. I’ll add it here as well, in case anyone else comes across a similar issue: 

I know that we have a Feature Request open to include the email address from the New Reaction on Message trigger. I've now added you to this Feature Request which acts as a vote to get this implemented. 

Sorry we don’t have better news in the meantime, and fingers crossed that Feature Request get implemented soon.

Best,

Rachael