Question

Custom integration set up to throw a 400 error on subscribe doesn't show an error in zapier

• 29 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am developing an update our integration and am hitting issues when testing error conditions when a subscribe call comes through. 

I have currently set up the integration point in our app to throw a 400 error when calling “subscribe” for a trigger for testing.

What I am seeing is that when adding the Zap in the Zapier interface, it shows the Zap as being enabled, but behind the scenes a 400 error is thrown preventing call success.  Zapier notes the 400 error in the event log, so I definitely know that Zapier is receiving it. The Zap shows as enabled until you refresh the page which then updates to show the Zap as not enabled.. 

Basically it appears that Zapier doesn’t handle error conditions on subscribe. 

Has anyone else encountered this?  If so can you shed light on whether it is a bug in the Zapier interface or should I just not expect Zapier to handle this well?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sean Gay 

Seems like your topic should be posted in the Developer Zone category: https://community.zapier.com/p/developer-zone