Question

Google Sheets to Sender Zap not updating custom field issue.

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I am using Zapier to connect a google sheet and a Sender profile. with a different automation, I am sending an email to existing contacts and asking for their birthday so we can give them a birthday code. They fill out a google form and the answer populates into the google sheet.

The zap should then take the new spreadsheet row and update or add a contact to sender and include the custom field “company birthday”. This is a column on my spreadsheet and it is a custom field I have already made on sender. When I test my zap, it can find the data in the spreadsheet and find the matching contact in Sender but it does not carry the custom field to Sender to update the contact. I have tried putting a placeholder date on the Sender contact so it just needs to update, rather than making a new piece of data but it will not update. I have completed the birthday survey with a new email address and it was able to make a new contact in sender but it will not carry the custom field data over. I can see everything is linked but that one cell of data won’t load into sender. How do I fix this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CarolineM522 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field descriptions.