Best answer

Covve Scan 'Notes' field appends "Scanned with Covve Business Card Scanner" to whatever I type in

• 23 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Same issue as the now-closed thread:

Here’s how the automation is set up — when I run it for step testing, the placeholder note comes through fine. But whenever I run the automation with actual data, the output adds "Scanned with Covve Business Card Scanner" to the end of whatever I’ve manually added to the ‘Notes’ field.

Here’s how the note looks in the Covve app:

and here’s how the automation (into an email) outputs it:

and here’s the automation setup:

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 April 2024, 16:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @angadsriv 

Try adding this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Replace

Replace the value "Scanned with Covve Business Card Scanner" with nothing.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for the quick and clever solution! 

I added the Formatter between the Covve Scan and Gmail step but no luck. 

Anything I might be doing wrong?

I also tried leaving ‘Notes’ blank (i.e. no data entered by me in the Notes field in Covve). It seems as long as the ‘Notes’ data field is harnessed in my Gmail text body, the “Scanned with...” shows up even if the Notes is visibly blank. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@angadsriv 

Did you try turning the Zap ON and testing live?

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for helping me discover that feature. I just started using Zapier today, and this step-by-step data in/out is SO helpful for debugging! Solved, really appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @angadsriv! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand and pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗