Question

Copying from Calendly to Outlook - two events entries are created instead of one

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a zap set up to copy new Calendly appointments directly onto an additional Microsoft Outlook calendar for main office use. (I did try having the calendar entries created on the individual’s calendar transfer over but Outlook was not providing all of the information I want.)

Everything has been working fine. Starting last week, two events entries are created on the Microsoft Outlook calendar every time an appointment gets made in Calendly and I don’t know how to stop it. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @elaineh 

Good question.

To do some initial troubleshooting, check your Zap Runs history details to see if there are multiple Zap Runs happening for 1 scheduled event from Calendly.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Zapier Community, @elaineh! 🙂

Hmm, that’s weird. I wonder if maybe the Zap triggering twice for each appointment. If so, that might explain why two events are then added into Microsoft Outlook. Could you take a look at the Zap History and confirm whether that’s the case?

If that’s not the case would you mind sharing some screenshots showing the current setup of the Zap and examples from the Zap History/calendar showing two duplicate events? Don’t forget to remove/hide any private information like names, emails from them first. We can’t see into your Zaps so screenshots will help to give us a bit more context on the current set up and allow us to help troubleshoot this further.

Looking forward to your reply!