Best answer

Connectwise contact Creation not working

• 9 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a Zap setup from Square space forms. When the form is submitted it first queries CW contacts for a contact ID, if the contact does not exist then create a new contact, then submit a ticket to CW assigned to the contact. 

This is currently breaking at the contact creation step. It works if it query for a user that is already in CW. So the ZAP works. Just his portion is not working. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 June 2023, 04:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SW_PBI 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us enough context.

If you are encountering an error message, then please post that too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @SW_PBI - Thanks for reaching out in community. We definitely want to help!
Hmm, I know you mentioned it’s breaking at the contact creation step - can you elaborate more on that for us? For example is the zap erroring and turning off at that step? If so, is there is a specific error message you can show us a screenshot of in the Zap History? More on how to troubleshoot from your zap history here.

Or is the zap showing as a success but no contact is actually created? If so the zap history may also lead us to some clues as to what’s going on. Specifically we may want to look at the “data out” in the trigger step for that zap run and then again at the “data in” of the action. You can check out this article on troubleshooting if the zap trigger isn’t sending data and checking mapped fields.

Finally, if we’re still coming up short, sometimes sharing screenshots of your trigger and action setup (with any personal details removed) can help the community troubleshoot with you. 🙂 Here’s an example of what we’re looking for:

I hope some of this helps - keep us posted with any other questions! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing those, @SW_PBI!

I did some digging and it appears you're running into a know bug with the ConnectWise Create Contact action (it’s also impacting the Find Contact search when the “Create Contact” box is checked). I've added you as an affected user to the report. While I don't have an ETA on a fix, this is the best way to stay informed as it ensures you'll be emailed at that time! We'll also be sure to keep the thread updated with any available workarounds or news.

Sorry to not have better news but we appreciate you raising this in community!

Any progress on fixing this issue.  I am able to create a company in ConnectWise just fine; however, I cannot add a contact as a step in the same Zap.  If I omit the company field from the Create Contact step, I receive a database error.  If I search for the Company using the fields from previous steps, it states it is unable to find the company (even when I’ve confirmed the company was created, or the company previously existed).

A previous post suggests this is a known bug.  Is there a link to the bug so I can review and get an ETA on the fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ITV-Zap,

I'm sorry to say that we don't have any updates on this bug just yet. As we have to consider things like the complexity of the issue, how many of our users it's affecting, and the overall impact it's having. Sometimes, we also need to collaborate with our partners at other apps to get things sorted, which can add to the time it takes.

In this case, the integration is actually managed by ConnectWise Manage. It might be a good idea to reach out to them and let them know you're experiencing a bug with their integration. They do have access to our bug reports, but hearing directly from their users can often help speed things along.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.