Question

Company Name Not Available from Mailchimp

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a zap that uses ‘New Subscriber in Segment or Tag in Mailchimp’.  It connects correctly and gets some test records, which include, merge_fields: FNAME (First Name) LNAME (Last Name) but the Company Name is missing, it should be in MMERGE5 or MERGE5. Can anyone help?

I am sending the data on to Zendesk Sell.

Thanks Tom

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tom Bell 

Good question.

Check that the example you are using has a value populated for that merge field.

Try adding a Mailchimp Find Subscriber step to see if that returns the desired merge field value.

Hi Troy, Thanks for the quick response. Yes the record has a Company Name in Mailchimp… but this does not appear in the Test Sucbscriber under MMERGE5, as I expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tom Bell 

Did you try this suggestion?

Try adding a Mailchimp Find Subscriber step to see if that returns the desired merge field value.

I juts tried that - does not return any more information.  Is there any information on setting up Mailchimp, could be a Mailchimp issue in not showing, the relevant fields. All help welcome. Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tom Bell 

Can you show a screenshots from Mailchimp for this same Subscriber where the Merge field is populated as proof?