Question

ChatGPT Whisper transcription fails despite Zapier integration

• 19 October 2023
  • 17 replies

Is there an issue with the Whisper functionality of ChatGPT currently? Right now when a file passes it says that it cannot transcribe audio but there is a transcription action still right now in zapier. 

https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/integrations/openai

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Faster Way with Nicki 

Good question.

Can you provide screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error to help give us context?

@Troy Tessalone I didn’t make a ton of tweaks to the steps involved at all because I wanted to just see what it would spit back to me by uploading the file at the present moment. Transcribing an audio file though I thought was an option with openai api and the action within zapier appears it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

To help us have true context about how your specific Zap steps are configured we would need to see screenshots.

@Troy Tessalone moderators are reviewing my post with screenshots

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Faster Way with Nicki! 👋

That’s odd, I’m not seeing any replies pending approval on this end. Can you try uploading the screenshots here again? 

And can you confirm what the full error message was? For example did it say that the file format was invalid or did it say something about the file size being exceeded perhaps? Just wondering if the error is due to the file type or size as only mp3, mp4, mpeg, mpga, m4a, wav, and webm files under 25MB are currently supported. Do you think the error might be related to these limits at all?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

system_message

Please summarize the user's provided text. Use a method of Extreme TLDR generation, a new form of extreme summarization for paragraphs. TLDR generation involves high source compression, removes stop words and summarizes the paragraph whilst retaining meaning. The result is the shortest possible summary that retains all of the original meaning and context of the paragraph.

text_to_summarize

Bear presented today for a recheck ear exam due to a previous external ear infection comprised of yeast period. Recheck otocytology did not reveal any significant numbers of yeast or bacteria and only moderate debris was seen period. Please continue to clean the ears every seven to ten days or until no debris is seen after the cleaning period. Bear has a history of environmental allergies in the fall which is thought to be the underlying cause of the recurrent ear infections and he positively respond to cytopoint injection in August comma therefore we will continue the cytopoint injections as needed when inflammation is noted in the external ear canal or itchiness is appreciated at home period. No recheck exam is needed period.

summary

Bear had a recheck ear exam. No yeast or bacteria were found, only moderate debris. Continue cleaning the ears regularly. Bear has allergies and positively responds to cytopoint injection, so it will be continued as needed. No need for a recheck exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

Are you able to upload screenshots or attach files of those screenshots?

Everytime I submit something with screenshots or with a URL of my google sheet it says that I have to have moderators approve it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

Another option is to try an record a Loom.com video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

The screenshots for Step 3 doesn’t show how the Step is configured in the “Action” section.

yDy3uqr3xjsLzir8aGBUoyAGutcV-URzdnKbkya3GWYePgRzQHbSFCVRT5AFlE4vhqHvYNfRf74wxNwppNMZwIYZp3DghHNlQ5-fnQLDaUB39nVe1vTAQOqibDisyoSvQGeNLc6fGTuBZriwH45MrMU

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

Another screenshot shows success for all steps with output from Step 3 mapped to Step 5.

Do you still have an issue with configuring the Zap?

Also, make sure to include screenshots of the encountered error.

F_bNIdkh7eMLoLM2g4Z8jP2X3DYZosmqVddVCS4a7mYo_RftXBfLbbnbSCbPBeHuNYJoizDDEpfOUKZEalYOQ-_nxmP2XNZQNR-VHcyjkNP2UNzgTqxsf4xqy37eyTd0LLlGuEl4SvU5OElO1qAb7wA

The summarized text in the assessment summary box is not actually the summarized text like I copy and pasted above with the actual summary:

summary

Bear had a recheck ear exam. No yeast or bacteria were found, only moderate debris. Continue cleaning the ears regularly. Bear has allergies and positively responds to cytopoint injection, so it will be continued as needed. No need for a recheck exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

What I’ve yet to see…

Screenshots with how the Transcription step is configured in the edit mode.

Screenshots of the encountered Zap step error.

@Troy Tessalone I have private messaged you a google doc link and now loom links

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

I’d suggest trying to use this Zap action: ChatGPT - Conversation

That will allow you to provide prompt instructions along with the output from the OpenAI step.

NOTE: When testing the File is a temp file that expires, so you may need to refresh the step that produces the File variables.

Can we upload examples of the summaries we are looking for and help it replicate that same concept?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Faster Way with Nicki 

That can be done in the prompt of this Zap action: ChatGPT - Conversation