Question

Can Zapier embed my documents for ChatGPT?

• 29 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to link one of my Google Drive folders to ChatGPT so that it can use that as context/database when I converse with ChatGPT?

I saw someone mention something along those lines, but maybe I misunderstood them.  I have a lot of written documents for a book I’m working on and would like to be able to converse with ChatGPT about the content and bounce ideas off it.  

5 replies

Bump

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @gaiantwilight,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I wouldn’t anticipate that being a problem!

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Google Drive (New File in Folder)
  2. Action: ChatGPT (Conversation)

Would this help you out? If not, please let me know! 😊

Thank you for your response Ken.

What does the Action:   Chat GPT (Conversation) do?

I’m wondering if Chatgpt will then be able to see and interact with those google drive files and converse with me about them.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @gaiantwilight,

When you use the ChatGPT Conversation feature, your message will be sent to ChatGPT and saved as the conversation progresses. Based on my testing, ChatGPT will not be able to view the contents of any files that are sent. I have tried a similar workflow in my own experimentation using ChatGPT-3 during my free time. However, I have not yet tested this on GPT-4 as I do not currently have access to it. It is possible that this may be achievable in GPT-4.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hello, 
Has anyone successfully accomplished this task? I am interested in using a Google folder as a dataset and ChatGPT to ask questions, with responses limited to information contained within those documents.