Question

Can’t find Notion database - “Unable to load choices. We're having trouble loading 'Database' data” error

• 5 June 2023
  • 1 reply

This post was split from the topic: Zapier can't find Notion Database

Hi, I’m having this same problem: Zapier can’t find the DB connected, and I already have another Zap working (with the same DB’s). Already do everything you’ve said to do on this topic, and nothing is working. Right now I’m having this message saying:

Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Database' data. Bargle! There was a problem with the data returned from this step! Please contact support.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @christhompsona! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve split your reply out into a new topic as it sounds like you might be having a different issue, if the suggestions there didn’t solve it. 

As you’ve got another Zap that’s already connecting to the same databases can you confirm whether that other Zap is using the exact same Notion account connection? If not, it could be that it’s not got access to the database you’re wanting to select. In which case you may need to change it’s access permissions or create a brand new Notion account and connect via that. If you do update the permissions you’ll want to reconnect the Notion account in Zapier so that the Zap is connecting with the updated access permissions.

If it’s using the same Notion account, could you try making a copy of the Zap that is loading the databases correctly, and see if the copied Zap is able also able to load them? If it is then it could be that there’s some sort of glitch in the other Zap that’s preventing it from loading the database. In which case you may need to rebuild the desired workflow using the copied Zap.

If that doesn’t work, c​​​​​​an you please give us a bit more context on where you’re seeing that error? For example, which specific Notion trigger or action is the error appearing? 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!