Best answer

Zapier can't find Notion Database

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’m having problem connecting Zapier to Notoin. 

I’ve used this integration for years and I’ve never had this problem before. So there must be something wrong from my sida / my setup. 

The account I’m using is currently beeing used in 7 other Zaps. 

No to the problem. When I’m trying to build a new Zap, several of the Databases I’m trying to connect to doesn’t show up as an alternative. 

So now I need some help. 

The account I’m using to connect is Administrator and Workspace Owner in Notion (and as mentioned above, currently beeing used in 7 other Zaps). 

I’v tried to add a new Connection bu I still can’t see the Database (named: Order / Försäljning) I’m looking for. 

What should I do? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 25 April 2023, 13:00

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Joel Lager!

Were the missing databases created by the same account that is connected to the Zap or by another Notion user?

If they were created by another Notion user, then I’d suggest checking out the best answer on this related topic:

It seems the solution there was to create a brand new Notion connection, as it allowed them to select the specific databases/pages to give that new connection access to. Then the missing databases could be selected in the Zap.

Can you give that a go and let us know if that works for you too? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB 

thank you for the suggestion. I’ve now tried to: 

1. Add another connection with the sam account as the one used in Notion (the account that created the Database). 
  2. Tried to make a new database with the account that has been used in Zapier for the other Zaps.  

Unfortunatelly, I’m left with the same problem… I still can’t find the Database I’m looking for. 

Userlevel 1

Update: 

I logged out from Notion, logged in. Made a new Teamspace and added the “Standard apps” that’s possible. I then made a new connection from Zapier to Notion with the same account as I used to create the new teamspace. 

In Zapier, I am now able to see all the automatically generated pages (apps) but not the page I manually made. 

Settings and privacy settings are the same within Notion when comparing the pages I can see and the pages I can’t see. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Joel Lager,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into our notes, and here’s what I found regarding the database not showing up. Here are the possible fix for this:

1. Non-Admin User in Notion is not able to see their Databases in Create/Update Database Actions.

Non-Admin user in Notion was able to go to Manage Connections.

And add Pages to use in the Zapier Connection which then had them show in Zapier Actions.

2. My Database dropdown is empty / My Database dropdown isn't showing me the Database I'm looking for.

Databases must be individually shared with the Zapier integration to show up in Zapier. In the Database, click the "Share" button as if you're sharing with another user and add the name of the integration that was set up to auth Zapier:

55e7b50a8e74d7236cf390234ac33ffc.png
    (view larger)

Also, here’s our help article about this: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496040151821#my-databases-are-not-listed-in-the-dropdown-menu-0-0

Please give it a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a

Thanks for the advise. 

I’ve tried solution 1 and 2 now but I’m still not able to see the database. 

When I trie solution 1 I am able to see the database I am looking for in the menu but when I try to build the Zap it doesn’t show up.

There are two things that I found very strange.

First of all – I have existing Zaps where I am able to see the databases I am looking for. If I edit one of the existing Zaps I am even able to see the new pages I create.

These old (existing) Zaps uses the same account for the connection (I can see that it’s used in 10 zaps). But when I create a new Zap and choose the same account for authentication for the connection the new databases doesn’t show up.

Best regards Joel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Joel Lager,

Thanks for giving those instruction a shot.

Hmm, this is a weird behavior the database you’re looking for should show up after doing the steps I’ve provided. Could you please try these for me?

1. Reconnect your Notion account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/notion
  2. Go to the Notion step in your Zap
  3. Navigate to the “Database” field and search for the database by typing the database name on the search bar
    3cc3f3eed15ad860ed4ac384a2fb3a84.png
    (view larger)
  4. Select the database

Please give that a shot, and let me know how it goes.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Joel Lager!

I’m sorry that this is proving tricky to fix and things for working with us to find the answer!

The fact that you have existing Zaps using the same connection where you can find the database is interesting. Could I ask how many databases you have? I’m wondering if the Zap editor isn’t loading them all at once. When you click on the drop-down for the database list, is the Load More button grayed out, or can you click it?

If you can click on it, it will load additional databases. Could you give that a try and see if you find the databases that way?

If that doesn’t work let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a

I have now tried your solution where I reconnect my Notion account. Unfortunattely I still have the same problem. 

Danvers - The “Load More” options is grayed out. I have hade more databases in other workspaces so I don’t think that is the problem. 

I have tried to do this setup with several different accounts now but I am running in to the same problem. Even though I can see the database in the manu where I can set the permission, It doesn’t show up when building the Zap. 

Best regards Joel 

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’ve found the problem. 

It seems like the problem was that I have several workplaces and Zapier was unable to find databases in both of these. When I separated the connections, so that I have one account for each connection too the two different workplaces it worked right away. 

Could this be true or was It just luck that it started to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing how you were able to get this working @Joel Lager!

Hmm, that’s interesting. In your other zaps are you able to see all the databases from every workspace? 

It sounds somewhat similar to what was mentioned in Sam’s original thread in terms of needing to create different connections but I’m more so just curious. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I think Sam’s solution is the correct answer but I think I didn’t really understand the way to do it until now. 

Thanks for all the help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Joel Lager!

Thanks for letting us know that Sam’s answer helped you and that you were able to find a way to do it. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

​​​​​​​​

1. My Database dropdown is empty / My Database dropdown isn't showing me the Database I'm looking for.

Databases must be individually shared with the Zapier integration to show up in Zapier. In the Database, click the "Share" button as if you're sharing with another user and add the name of the integration that was set up to auth Zapier:

55e7b50a8e74d7236cf390234ac33ffc.png
    (view larger)

Also, here’s our help article about this: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496040151821#my-databases-are-not-listed-in-the-dropdown-menu-0-0

Please give it a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

I am referring to this part - for me Notion does not show the part “Select an integration”. When I type “Zapier” in the page that I already added with a Slack connection, it does not allow me to add it either:

I followed all of the other steps and it does not show the database that I added

Looking forward to your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @greenhouseautomation! 👋

It looks as though Notion has changed it’s Share functionality since Ken posted those instructions previously, as the screenshots look different.

Can you go to the Notion database in your web browser, then click on the three dots [] in the top right corner. Nezt, click on + Add connections option and select Zapier from the list:

174a77edd05c0ec77d67c2d2f163de7d.png
You will then be prompted to grant Zapier access to the database:
fcc44c14bf918b85cfe860e4de534720.png
Click the Confirm button to grant Zapier access.

Then, head back to the Zap and in the Account section, click the + Connect a new account button to add a new account connection to Notion:
c3499f83ba7194b53ae359a15bc78737.png
When doing so, make sure to select all the relevant databases that the Zap needs access to. Then if you head to the Action section of the Notion action that database should now appear in the list. 

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on?