Best answer

Assigning OpenPhone number to text from based off HubSpot Property

• 24 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I am having difficulty creating a zap that automatically allows me to text contacts using OpenPhone based off a certain HubSpot trigger. I have multiple phone numbers in OpenPhone, with one assigned to each region, and I want to be able to automatically assign which OpenPhone number I am texting a contact from based off the contact’s property.

Right now, each HubSpot contact has a property called “Assigned OpenPhone Number”, and I am trying to use this field to define the number OpenPhone will be texting my contact from. However, doing so results in a 400 error.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 July 2023, 21:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cynthia G 

Good question.

That’s because the expected value for the phone number is actually an internal OpenPhone ID, which you can see by looking at the dropdown list of options.

@Troy Tessalone Gotcha! Since I have to select one number from the provided OpenPhone numbers, does that mean I won’t be able to automate which number each message in the zap is sent from? The goal was to have OpenPhone text from the specified region’s number for each contact, but it appears that I can only manually set the number that this zap will text from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cynthia G

You’d need to save the OpenPhone Phone Number internal ID in HubSpot to then have that sent in the Zap to be dynamically mapped in the OpenPhone Zap step.

OTHER OPTIONS

1. Use a lookup table as part of the Zap to translate the phone number to the desired OpenPhone Phone Number Internal ID

2. Use Paths (Filters) - 1 per Phone Number to then preselect the phone number to use in the Zap action step.