Question

What WordPress action triggers the "Updated Post" trigger in Zapier

• 26 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to trigger the “Updated Post” trigger in Zapier not just by pressing the Update button on a post (which works currently) but when updating posts myself programmatically (which isn’t currently working). I’m already calling wp_update_post() but that doesn’t seem to trigger this. What WordPress action should I trigger in code to make this happen?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @baseye2421 

Some of that behavior can depend on the configured field settings in the WordPress Zap trigger.

Hi @baseye2421 

Some of that behavior can depend on the configured field settings in the WordPress Zap trigger.

Yes, this is configured correctly. Just that the event isn’t firing when updating a post using wp_update_post() but does work when updating using the admin interface. I’m just trying to figure out what action I can trigger in WordPress to have it fire. Ideally such a simple piece of information would be in the docs, but there doesn’t seem to be any info that I could find on the details of how Zapier integrates with WordPress, nor is it obvious from the Zapier plugin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@baseye2421 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help