Best answer

Tagging Notion, or other Platform users in Discord

• 16 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

For Notion Users*

After spending about 11 hours setting up Notion, Zapier and my Discord integration with my team, I finally think I have a solid answer!

It requires a few steps, but I've manage to tag/ping my team members through Zapier, on Discord.

First steps first, we'll have to start with Notion, and set up a list of team members. I used the "Multi-select" property to populate with my teams names. You'll only have to type in the first part of their Discord name here, not the #, or @. In my case I had Lentille NU for myself.

After I set up my team, I went over to Zapier to set up my actions. Once the Notion database was updated, I could follow by finding my user tagged on Notion with a Discord "Find User" option. There is a delay prior to this, besides the point... Once I found my user, I managed to find their user ID. This is where I finally struck luck! Now we can use Zapier tagging options, eg <@12345690000>, or in my case <@ "User ID" > from the Find user function. This with the rest of my "Message Text" concludes my solution.

Here is a link to my template, feel free to copy :)

https://zapier.com/shared/1e946fd64b574be8734931a9f02b5659f5da3c78

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 June 2023, 18:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is awesome @BrendanLouw! Really great work! 🙌

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your discovery here, we really appreciate it. I’m sure there’s lots of folks in the Community here who will benefit from this! 😁