Question

Zendesk ticket data transfer to Google Sheet

• 28 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi community!

I have a concern when I`m trying to connect Zendesk tickets updates to the Google Sheet. The Idea is next:

1. Ticket updating with new tags, by filling of ticket custom fields with specific values (let`s say field “Type of request ” and the value is “Sales”)
2. After ticket gets updated, I need Zapier to create a new row in the Google Sheet with the column “Type of request ” filled with the value “Sales”. Also, other custom fields of the ticket form should be transferred in the GSheet in the same way. 

What I`m concerned about, is how to track the moment, when the ticket receiving a new tag or get field updated, which triggers the automation, and after it send the exact data to be added in the row of spreadsheet

Thanx in advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bruce Banner 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with a specific example to help clarify the issue you are having.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
Here is the Zap step I came to, but I do not know if it is a correct vector I`m moving along 

Here is the Idea:
1. When one specific ticket field (red field) gets one of three values (A, B, C), Zap should create a row in the spreadsheet A, B or C, depending on red field value
2. This created row should contain values in columns which are the values of the ticket custom fields (blue fields)

I have made a few tests but it drops values really randomly. Some fields are empty, ignoring the fact that I have filled them in Zendesk 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bruce Banner 

We would need to see screenshots wit how your Zap Path filter steps are configured along with your GSheet steps.

There is the spreadsheet header how it should be added 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bruce Banner,

I’ll be quoting the response of Troy here since we’d need to know the setup of your Zap configuration so that we have the full context to help further.

@Bruce Banner

We would need to see screenshots wit how your Zap Path filter steps are configured along with your GSheet steps.

Additionally, it looks like your screenshot didn’t come through:

55f44e367d52ebc11f6e64f9b8857da0.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!