Question

Zapier webhook to Monday Board Duplicate Row Creation

Hi :) 

I’m currently using a webhook from a CRM to send new Campaigns to a Monday board. Due to the way the webhook submission and the CRM work I am receiving duplicate submissions (Example - If a campaign is submitted for SEO and Email I am receiving two zaps with a product line that has both products on it). 

I have identified a unique campaign ID that easily identifies the duplicate, now I just need a little nudge in the right direction for deleting duplicate zaps? Monday has a paid app that can do this, but I would prefer to avoid that expense if at all possible. 

Thanks in advance! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @2060webteam 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zaps steps are outlined and configured along with specific examples for us to see the duplicates.

Here is a screen shot of the zap, details, and then an example duplicate.

I believe that there are multiple zaps coming in due to the way “new campaigns” are submitted. They are submitting multiple times to go to different departments, so I’m hoping to remove the duplicated based on the campaign id (i.e the 12336 field). Thinking I could maybe have a developer use javascript to remove the duplicates but want to make sure I’m on the right track before using those resources. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@2060webteam 

Try changing the logic to be find, filter, update to prevent duplicates.

Steps

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Filter
    1. Item found = false
  4. Action: Monday - Create Item

Thanks Troy, I’ll give it a try. 

I guess I’m a bit confused on how to add the filter to look for duplicates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@2060webteam 

In Step 2, you would map a variable to the Campaign ID field to search for that value in existing Monday Items.

The Filter step is configured correctly to only continue if Step 2 does NOT find an exiting Item, to then create a new Monday Item in Step 4.

When in doubt, test it out.