Best answer

zapier doesnt give me the option to select the email i want from incoming sales confirmations. its in one section of the body of the message.

• 20 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m setting up a zap so when I get a sales confirmation email in gmail the customer email address gets added to a Flodesk segment. 

When I’m setting it up and it prompts me to select the email I want in the tester, the email I want to grab is popped into a section with the body of the email. 

Is there a way to separate that email out so I can set up my flow to grab my new customer emails?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 September 2022, 11:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Tnance292! Happy to help here. If I am understanding correctly, it sounds like you are wanting to parse out information from within the body of the email and use those in subsequent steps of your Zap - is that correct? If so, I’d recommend checking out these parsing solutions:

Let us know if there is anything else we can lend a hand with!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tnance292!

Were you able to take a look at the mail parsing solutions that Jesse described? Using an email parser is a great way to pull specific pieces of information from within an email. 

Another possible option for you would be to use a Formatter by Zapier step in the Zap. If you choose the ‘Text’ option for the event, one of the options you have is to extract an email. That means that you can put the body of the email in the Formatter step and it will pull out the first email address it finds. To be super clear, this step will only work the way that you need it to if the email you’re trying to get is the first email in the body of text. 

Let us know if you have any questions about either of those options!