Question

Zap not triggering on new wordpress post, but manual run works fine

• 25 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I want to use Zapier to grab new published posts  on my wordpress site and post them automatically on my facebook page. Everytime i publish a new wordpress post, nothing happens.

I've waited for an hour for the Zap to grab the post and publish it on facebook. Nothing. If I go into the Zapier dashboard and hit "Manual Run" on the zap, it works fine.

Any advice on troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks,

Florin

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @florinb!

I see that you wrote to our Support team and they had this to say:

I've had a look in the logs for those Zaps and I can see that we're getting a 403 - Forbidden error message. These can be hard to diagnose. But they often relate back to a plugin that's causing issues. What we generally suggest is turning them all off and seeing if it works. If you're Zap is successful then you can turn them on one by one till you find the one causing the issues.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem, by any chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Can you confirm that you’ve checked your logs and you’re not seeing it triggering there?

https://zapier.com/app/history

If you’re not even seeing it trigger, this might be one for support, unfortunately. But if you are seeing it trigger, hopefully that will give you a clue as to where it’s going wrong