Best answer

Xero and ShipStation Integration. Getting "state required" errors when creating invoices for countries without states

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a zap that converts new invoices in Xero into new orders in Shipstation. Everything domestically within the US has been working fine. Some countries work as well. 

I’m getting errors that the State is missing and so the zap is failing, but the invoice is to a country that doesn’t have states, like France. How do I get around that while still having a functional zap?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 April 2022, 00:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Balance Accounting!

I can see you were able to reach out to our friends in Support! We’d love to know if their recommendation to make the city field a requirement did the trick.

I’ll also pop their findings below in case it’s helpful to anyone else! Let us know. 🙂

...appears that this run isn't showing an issue regarding a missing state, but instead a missing city, which is a required field from ShipStation.

Since the City and Postal Code information is required from ShipStation's end, we do not have a way to circumvent that requirement and force them to create an order when that information is missing. Because of that, you'll need to ensure that each new sales invoice in Xero contains at least that city and postal code information (which all countries should be using) so that it can then get send to ShipStation.

Correct! Yes it helped and the city vs state fixed the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! 🎉 So glad to hear you were able to get this sorted! 

Welcome to the Community!