Best answer

Work Around for shard drives google doc templates

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Looks like people in the past have run into not being able to use google doc templates on shared drives… is a workaround for this just to use the google template on my own google drive and then after ive pulled the templated info then use a google drive action to move the file??? let me know if someone has a better workaround

Thanks, 

Woozie

icon

Best answer by chanelle 23 March 2023, 21:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Woozie83 That sounds like an awesome workaround! Most of the time, it’s a permissions issue rather than a shared document issue. Meaning, the person setting up the Zap is often not the owner of the document being shared. So if you own the shared document, you should be okay. 

I’ve currently got two Zaps hooked up to a shared document myself, however, I am the owner of said document. I’m also going to link to some of our help center documentation to which I am quoting below. 

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap. The connected account must be the owner.