Question

WooCommerce - updating buyers/customers custom information

• 19 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I’m very new a Zapier, so if you don’t mind please explain your answer in detail (thanks in advance).

I’m selling my product on wordpress/woocommerce, and when the customer buys something, they enter their “role in relation to the purchase” (coach, parent, player, etc) in a custom field. A new custom field has been made, and I wish to “relocate” the old information into the new one. 

Role (old) = coach → Role (new) = coach

How would you suggest to do this?

Kind regards,

Morten

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GripFixer!

The update order action will only update the fields in which you put information, so if you leave something blank whatever is already there will stay there. I think that answers your question, but please let me know if I can clear anything up for you!

Thank you very much again Troy.

My next question is how does an update work.?

• Do I need to fill in all the fields (see pic 2), or just the fields I want to change? 
  • Which fields should I fill in when I want the old role field to be inserted into this field (pic 1) - and please keep in mind that there are different variables in that field (“coach”, “parent”, club_representative”, “player”, “other”).

Pic 1

pic 2

Hi Troy,

You’re everywhere 😆 Which is amazing! :) 

I looks like that is an option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

In the Zap trigger are you able to specify only updated Orders?

Hi Troy,

Thank you so much for helping out! 

What would you set as the trigger? (The order is not a new one, but old ones).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GripFixer 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps: