Best answer

Webhook PATCH Validation Error - No idea why

• 13 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to update a live collection item within webflow via airtable. I have used zapier to create a new a new live item every time a new record is created in airtable. I then find this record using the airtable record ID, which I store within the cms Item. 

Here I’m trying to only alter the ‘fat’ column. This is specifically for the final row. Originally the figure was 100, but I have changed it to 70 and want this to update in the webflow cms Item Here is the cms item created.

​​​​​

After creating the cms item, I find the airtable row again
Here is where I’m receiving the error

Then using a PATCH webhook, I want to update specific parameters that are changed within airtable, however I’m running into a validation error. 

Does anyone have an idea as to why?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks  

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 13 April 2020, 12:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just one thing to clarify here, and it’s normally the first thing I do when troubleshooting my webhooks - Have you tried this manually/in Postman and it’s working fine, but not working fine in Zapier? 

Userlevel 1

Just one thing to clarify here, and it’s normally the first thing I do when troubleshooting my webhooks - Have you tried this manually/in Postman and it’s working fine, but not working fine in Zapier? 

I’ve never actually used postman - so no I haven’t.

Userlevel 1

Some how figured out how to use postman and realised my issue was the square brackets around the data entry, they weren’t needed. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great stuff! Glad this helped! Postman is awesome for this kind of troubleshooting!

Userlevel 1

Great stuff! Glad this helped! Postman is awesome for this kind of troubleshooting!

Also… do you have any idea how to trigger the webhook via zapier. At the moment it is connected to a zap that triggers when a new row is created, but I think updating the row has to have a zap of its own. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think the best way here would be to trigger when a specific record comes into a view in Airtable, rather than when a new record is created

Userlevel 1

I think the best way here would be to trigger when a specific record comes into a view in Airtable, rather than when a new record is created

What does it mean when a record comes into view? thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It means you’ve created a view in Airtable with your criteria, named it and you use that to trigger the zap instead of just “new record”