Question

Use the same line item on multiple rows (google sheet)

Userlevel 1

I am trying to setup a zap that outputs multiple rows in a google sheet.

Got all the simple stuff sorted.

In my google sheet I have multiple columns that get filled with info from the zap. I have set up line itemizer to read the info from a xero quote.

In one of the columns I need to have the same info (Airtable record ID) repeated.

The zaps can have up to 15 rows generated. The process works ok as in the 15 new rows get genearted but the column with the Airtable record ID has only one entyr on the first row and then remains blank.

Could anyone pleae point me in the right direction?

Pretty sure it is a simple fix.

Thanks heaps

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mkumi 

Good question.

Please posts screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context.

Are you using the GSheets Create Row(s) action?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for that.

I am using the GSheets Create Row(s) action.

See attached screenshots of the overall setup. 

The relevant steps are from 6-7. Also below is the screenshot of the google sheet where the info gets filled.

Step 7 shows the info that I would like to populate in the first cell of each row. This is always the same value. All other values change. And I do get all these other values correctly in the google sheet. 

Hope this provides some context. 

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkumi 

The mapped variable is an array of line items where only the first item has a value, which is why only the first row is being populated in the GSheets.

If you map the direct value (looks like the Airtable record ID in this case), then it will populate for each GSheet row.

Give that a try.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks heaps for that.

It worked a treat.

Knew it was something small.

Legend,

Thanks for taking the time. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Whoop, @mkumi! Thanks for letting the Community know worked for you. We love to see it! 🎉