Best answer

Updating a Salesforce picklist field with a blank value

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to update a Salesforce picklist value (or any field for that matter) with a blank or empty value. We need to be able to clear a picklist field value depending on the situation. 

Normally you’d see the ability to set an ‘Empty Value’ for a picklist field. If this isn’t possible does anyone have any workarounds within Zapier?

I’ve seen a previous topic asking the same thing but that was raised 2 years ago

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 April 2023, 12:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @hwong, welcome to the Community!

It’s not possible to clear a field/make it blank in Salesforce. I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. We use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Danvers, I was really hoping that would be fixed after 2 years but alas 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @hwong 

You’re welcome!

There are many factors at play when addressing a bug, so it's challenging to predict when a bug will be fixed.

What I can share is that the bug has been logged, the requisite teams have been informed, and we're working on getting it resolved as quickly as possible. As soon as there are any updates to the bug and it is resolved, we will let you know by email.