Best answer

Updates to customer records in mySQL database not triggering Zap

• 11 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to trigger an update to my CRM system when a customer’s detail record is updated in the mysql database (i.e. address, phone number, email, etc). The zap doesn’t trigger when it just an update to an existing customer record.    The data is stored across multiple tables (i.e. phone table, email table, etc) and all tied back to the customer ID.

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 October 2021, 15:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @keithw,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Communty! :)

I can see that you’ve also reached out to our Support Team and they’re helping you with this. If you’re still experiencing issues with your Zap not triggering, I’d recommend continuing to troubleshoot this with them on that Support email thread. They’ll be able to look into the detailed logs and Zap’s setup to investigate further!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that our Support Team added @keithw to a bug report where the New or Updated Row trigger defaults to looking out for any changes (new or updates) made to the column that is selected in the Order By field, when the Trigger Column field is left blank. 

We’ll be in touch by email as soon as this bug has been fixed. In the meantime, the workaround suggested by Support was to create copies of the Zap and set them to have different Trigger Columns selected so that each update is seen. Not ideal I know, but should help to ensure that updates aren’t missed! :)