Question

Update spreadsheet rows from Gmail entries

• 19 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Dear lovely community who is excited by using zapier like me. 

I do want to create the following automation but I am stuck…. Anyone who has the know how?

So I do have a leadlist that I do keep track of in a google spreadsheet. With s status column. This column has a data validation. So I can select every status of the lead. Which eather is: Cold, Warm, STOP, Lead, 1st mailm follow-up mail etc. etc. 

So if a lead unsubscribes i’ll receive an e-mail betitled '’Unsubscribe'’ Nowadays I have to manually change the status to STOP and than remove this lead out of my list. 

After hearing and discovering zapier, I have thought that I could use zapier to automate this workflow, because sometimes I am spending 15/30 minutes removing the records manually. While I do believe this workflow can deinetly be automated so I can focus on doing what really needs to be done…

Now I am new in zapier and I tried out some triggers and actions but unfortunately I haven't found a way out yet… Maybe someone who can help me? 

I am stuck in the following:

1. Event: New Email matching search →  Trigger: unsubscribe
  2. Event: Update spreadsheet row(s) → Email: address linked, status: STOP ; Row: ?

I don't understand anything at all.. Please someone who understands my issue HELP.. 

For privacy reasons I have blanked the data. But to have a understanding of my leadlist, this is how it looks. If you can help me and need more insights to understand my proces or have any other question please let me know ;-)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mourad MZ 

Try adding this Zap action step: GSheets - Lookup Spreadsheet Row

If found, that will return a Row/ID.

Then you can use this Zap action: GSheets - Update Row.

Map the Row/ID from the previous step.

When in doubt, test it out.

Hi Troy, thanks for your reply. Highly appreciated. Could you maybe write the proces down from beginning till the end.. haha. I am trying to fit your answer into my events for over 30 mins now but I haven't reched my goal yet… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mourad MZ 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zaps steps are outlined and configured to have full context.

This is what i have till now. The 2nd one is the one you gave me, the 3rd one is empty… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mourad MZ 

We would need to see screenshots with how each zap steps is configured to have full context.

Okay lemme try.

Account is linked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mourad MZ 

The Lookup Column dropdown option should probably be selected as Email Address.

The Lookup Value would need to have the < and > removed.

Try adding a Zap action: Formatter > Text > Extract Email Address