Question

Update Salesforce field with Assigned User in Monday

• 2 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

In my Monday.com board, I have a column for an assigned user. When this column changes in Monday, I want it to update a text field on the associated Salesforce record. How do I reformat the Assigned User information in Monday to text that can then populate the field in Salesforce? 

I’m confident my zap flow is correct. The issue is Salesforce will not read the “Assigned User” column information. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cfalcone01 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action: Salesforce - Find Record

That will return the Salesforce User Record ID.

Userlevel 1
Badge

the User ID record is the Monday.com user ID. I want that Monday.com User ID to convert to the person’s actual name it is associated with and then populate that name into Salesforce. The step I am getting tripped up on i how to convert the Monday.com user ID to their name - I don’t see an option for that in the “Format” step :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01

The Monday User ID would have to be related to the Monday User Name.

Does Monday provide both those values?

It would be helpful to outline a specific example with screenshots.

Userlevel 1
Badge

well @Troy Tessalone it must have just needed a little time from me because now it works haha. Thanks for all your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @cfalcone01! Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted! Also, big thanks to Troy for helping you out.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊