Best answer

Update Google contacs using webform

• 30 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi guys,

I used Zapier to add new contacts to my Google Contacts using a webform on my website.

This webform has few information and when this lead becomes a client I like to have to update the info of this client.

Normally the client sends an email with all the info which I manually copy/past into the Google Contacts.

Is there a way to send my client a unique link with their info and with blank fields that the client can fill -in and after submitting → update my Google Contacts?

I really love to hear what is possible

Stefan

icon

Best answer by stefansegers 8 July 2020, 16:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @stefansegers!

If I'm understanding correctly, you’d like to have a form that you can send someone to, with pre-filled fields (based on info that you’ve got) and then let them update fields as they see fit, and upon receiving those submissions you would update them in Google Contacts. Is this accurate? Do you have a form app in mind for this?

Hi Nick

Yes i AM for a wat to do this. Niet i am a using Squarespace form to ADD this contact to Google Contacts, so IT would be great to use SquareSpace again for the update.

But alsof JotForm might be a good app for this In think?!?

Hi Nick, any tips yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @stefansegers 

Sorry we missed your reply. Did you get this sorted or do you still need some help>

hey guys, after a while i finally got it working. So what I did it create a small form where I can enter the email address of the person I want to get more info from.

Using a webhook this email address is passed to Zapier → automatically generate a gmail message with a generated short link to the next form.

The next form (form 2) has all the field I need to get info from. and the generated URL: webform2?name={google contacts email)&email={google contacts email}

this info the pulled from form 1

This is all in a nutshell… but using Jotform + Google Contacts + Gmail I got it working :)