Best answer

Update Contact in Hubspot - how to set the Hubspot ID?

• 18 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I have set up a zap that feeds new contact records from Uscreen to Hubspot. This is working fine.

I now need a zap that will feed any updates to those contact records in Uscreen through to Hubspot to update the existing records there (using event: Update Contact)

When I test this out, it works ok when I set the Object ID on the Hubspot side to the actual ID value of the record to be updated in Hubspot.

But obviously I can’t do this manual intervention when the zap is set to automatically run. 

The problem as I see it is that when the record is 1st created on Uscreen it has a Uscreen_ID. When the ‘new contact’ zap runs and adds a record to Hubspot, a Hubspot_ID is assigned to that record by Hubspot.

So when the record is updated in Uscreen and passed to the ‘update contact’ zap, how can that zap know which record in Hubspot to update, as the Hubspot ID won’t be available in the data passed from Uscreen?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 August 2021, 17:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sadhana 

Try using a HubSpot Find Contact step in the Zap:

Check out this help article about dynamically mapping data points between Zap steps using the ‘Custom’ mapping option: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Thanks @Troy Tessalone that’s really helpful