Best answer

How do I update existing contact in GoHighLevel CRM via Zapier instead of creating a new one?

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am creating a Zapier connection between WIX (Forms) and LeadConnector (GHL). 

I have two forms that are being filled by a lead. First a first and simple form to increase the rate of leads, and after that a longer and detailed form.

Short Form
Long Form

When the short form is filled, an opportunity is created in the GoHighLevel CRM with a specific stage in the pipeline. When that happens automatizations are triggered in which the long form page is sent to them. 

The issue that I have is that when a person fills the long form, a new contact is created, instead of the first contact (which previously filled the short form) being modified. 

First and Short Form Zap
Second and Long Form Zap

I have been struggling a lot with this. I talked with GHL Support and they say is something to solve in Zapier. 

Does someone know how to make sure the second Zap updates the original contact/opportunity information instead of creating a new one?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Valentino Summo 26 April 2024, 18:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey, 

Did you submit both the forms with the same email id?

Userlevel 1

I submitted both forms with my same email and then in GHL two different contacts are created.

Userlevel 1

Hey, 

Hi!

Yes, I submitted both forms with my same email and then in GHL two different contacts are created. Is that your question?

(I not only submitted with the same email, but also same name, last name, and phone number too)

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody! I want to share that I solved it, just in case anybody else is having the same issue. Thanks to reply by jayeshkumarbhatia

Hey, 

I realized that maybe the issue would be solved by selecting a specific thing in the email section (images attached below).

In both zaps I selected that exact field. And it worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news, @Valentino Summo! 🎉🎉🎉

Thank you so much for sharing details of how you were able to solve this issue. And a big thanks to @jayeshkumarbhatia for helping to point you in the right direction here! 🙌

Seems like you’ve got things all figured out now. But if you run into any further trouble or questions in future, please do reach out in the Community to let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡