Best answer

Trigger on all WordPress post types in single Zap?

• 23 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I am creating a Zap to send New Published Posts from Wordpress to Airtable.

However, I have different Custom Post Types (posts, pages, recipe, etc.) and Zapier make me select just one Custom Post Type per Zap.

My question is if there is a way to create one single zap - triggered by multiple sources in the same Wordpress Installation.

Ex: Everytime a new "Posts"/ "Page" / "Recipe" is published in Wordpress create a new  Record in Airtable Base.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karina

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 1 September 2020, 18:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@karinaglf -

What are you looking to take to Airtable? The reason I ask: The data available in different post types can be very different. Probably why the trigger works the way it does.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I need basic information that is common to all my CPTs, like:

• Post Title
  • URL
  • Term Taxonomies
  • SEO Title
  • Meta Description
  • etc.

Actually, I am trying to create a published posts database.

Don't know if there is a more effective way to manage it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

YMMV, but I’d build one out for each post type. Took a look at the builder and Airtable’s documentation, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to get around that part of the trigger.

Userlevel 1

Hi Adam,

Thanks, I'm already setting up one per post type, but I will keep an eye on alternative solutions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @karinaglf!

With the way the WordPress integration is set up, there’s no way to trigger on all post types, I’m afraid. So you would need one Zap per post type in this case. Not ideal, I realize, but that’s the only option at the moment.