Best answer

Triaging Slack posts to derive insights within Airtable.

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello All! I’m trying to get some help on a task that I believe Zapier can be helpful for. 

I currently have a very busy Slack channel that everyone in the company uses to ask questions about my product. I'm trying to make sense of all the posts from the past and those that are coming in. 

And by “make sense,” - I want to identify trends and potentially be able to provide better/more documentation for pain points or even use insights as an input for our roadmap. 

I know it's hard to triage automagically for unstructured data, but maybe if I come up with a few keywords, it would help triage better?

My question: is there a way to be able to take all the contents of the slack channel and tag/triage posts towards understanding where the pain points are for our customers?

I had an idea to connect Slack to Airtable, but outside of creating multiple “if “ + “contains” statements that look at keywords in a message, it seems like it's hard to scale - especially if I want to add new keywords. Also, creating all those if statements can take a long time (one-time cost, I guess). Wonder if there’s a way to look at a Google Sheet where I can maintain keywords?

Do y'all have any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by NadiaW 9 June 2022, 01:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Ash88 👋 - Nadia from the Zapier Support here! I don’t have a complete answer but this workflow made me curious as well 😊

I think you are on the right track with Google Sheets!  Once you get your Slack posts in there, you’ll need some tool to analyze the frequency of the keywords. I found this online article which offers several ideas and formulas for finding the most frequent keywords in a Google Sheet: https://infoinspired.com/google-docs/spreadsheet/most-frequent-keywords-from-titles/ 

What do you think? If you’d like any assistance working out the details of the Zap itself, feel free to submit a Support ticket, I’ll be happy to help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Ash88! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉

Oooh, this is such an interesting use case and I’m eager to see what the Community may be able to surface for ya! Definitely keep us in the loop if you’re able to come up with solutions in the meantime. We’d love to know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Ash88! I wanted to pop in and see if Nadia’s suggestions helped get ya on the right track? 
Keep us posted, we’d love to know! 🤗