Best answer

Toggl custom Client Field - Create a project

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi

I have a Zap triggered when adding a Google contact. I want to to create a client and project in Toggle.

The Client creates OK using the Google Contact Company Name. 

When I create the Project as another step, I’m trying to specify the client for the new project by using the Google Contact field as in the previous step. This doesn’t work. The project is created without a client. 

When checking the action in the Zap step the “Client Field” has been removed. 

Any idea’s? 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 June 2020, 16:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes exactly. I’m not sure why the value initial kept removing its self in the first instance but it may have been a transient issue but the record was looking for a Client ID so the value I provided was invalid.

I was able to provide the client ID from the previous step but you could always to a “Find by company name” step if required. 

All good. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Currently Jason ,

Thanks for the update! I see you were working with Clint in Support on this issue and that the Client dropdown was looking the client ID. When you switched your mapping to the client ID did that do the trick?

If you have any additional questions, please let us know how we can be of help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

UPDATE: The client filed is staying there now but it just creates a project with no client. Doesn’t matter if I add the client name manually rather than through the variable. It makes no difference