Best answer

Teachable is not showing my name when testing my Zap.

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey everyone. I’m having a hard time integrating zapier with teachable. Everytime I do the connection and hit “testing” it won’t show my name, it’ll only say “test” in the information part. Idk what I’m doing wrong. If anyone is able to help me that would be great! 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 18 July 2022, 21:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Jasmine Stover - happy to help here! It looks like you are getting some generic test data and looking to utilize actual sample data from Teachable. This article goes over how to refresh/change the sample data that’s coming across to your Zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Let us know if that’s helpful/if you have any other questions!

Here are the steps I’m doing:

1. I click create a zap
  2. i type in teachable under the trigger (app event)
  3. under “event required” I select “new enrollment”
  4. I connect my teachable account to zapier
  5. i click “test trigger” to confirm that the right account is connected and that my trigger is set up correctly. 
    the issue that I’m having is what you see in the above picture. After I click the test trigger button, it shows “test” beside sanitized_name, and test@example.com next to email. It’s supposed to have my name beside the sanitized_name and my email next to email. I have went into my teachable account and even manually added myself as a student since it wouldn’t pop up on here as a owner and kept saying “test” but even after manually adding myself to the course on teachable, confirming it in my email and publishing the school and course, I still continue to get “test” in the photo above. I’m very frustrated in trying to resolve this issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jasmine Stover 

It is very likely that the test sample you get is hardcoded into the integration, meaning every time you try to manually load a new sample you will always get back that test data. Sample data is to allow you to configure your fields in the next steps of your integration. Once the zap is live, you should be able to enroll yourself in teachable and see the zap run in real time! 

I hope that helps!

Thanks for your response!! Unfortunately even after I manually enrolled myself in teachable, it is still showing the same thing. It’s a process trying to put together because I am just not understanding why it doesn’t pop up my information after doing all of this. Yet, instead it continues to say “test” beside the parts that should show my information..

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @Jasmine Stover 

Like @GetUWired noted, this might be a hardcoded test sample. Some Zaps don’t return actual trigger samples from your own account - some just return generic test data. But the fields you actually need should all be there so you can map fields to the rest of your Zap.

Can you try setting up your Zap using the test sample, then turn the Zap on and add a new enrollment for:

​     Jane Doe
     ​janedoe@zapier.rodeo

Once that’s done, please check the Zap history for your Zap and let me know if Jane’s enrollment came through as expected. If it does, then you’re good to go! Please give that a try and let me know how that works out!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jasmine Stover !

I can confirm that the way the Teachable integration is set up it will only show example data at this point.

I have gone ahead and created a feature request for this to return actual enrollment data for the account, and I’ve logged you as an affected user. I don't have an ETA on when it might get resolved, but the good news is that the developers at Teachable have access to this reporting database and they can see all the same information I can.

As we have your email logged there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

Hi @Jasmine Stover !

I can confirm that the way the Teachable integration is set up it will only show example data at this point.

I have gone ahead and created a feature request for this to return actual enrollment data for the account, and I’ve logged you as an affected user. I don't have an ETA on when it might get resolved, but the good news is that the developers at Teachable have access to this reporting database and they can see all the same information I can.

As we have your email logged there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

No need! I got it all figured out. I appreciate your help though!

No need! I got it all figured out. I appreciate your help though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, I wanted to summarize some of the awesome responses here into one!

Like @GetUWired noted, this might be a hardcoded test sample. Some Zaps don’t return actual trigger samples from your own account - some just return generic test data. But the fields you actually need should all be there so you can map fields to the rest of your Zap.

Can you try setting up your Zap using the test sample, then turn the Zap on and add a new enrollment for:

​     Jane Doe
     ​janedoe@zapier.rodeo

Once that’s done, please check the Zap history for your Zap and let me know if Jane’s enrollment came through as expected. If it does, then you’re good to go! 

One thing worth noting:

We’ll also be sure to keep this topic updated if and when this is implemented! 🙂