Best answer

Sync Dynamics activities with Google Calendar

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m hoping to implement Zapier for our organization to sync Dynamics 365 activities (specifically appointments) with Google calendar.  Can Zapier do this?  I’m not seeing an obvious way…

Thanks,

Sian

icon

Best answer by jesse 24 August 2022, 23:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Sian W! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉

Are you able to elaborate a bit more on the workflow you’re looking to create? Sometimes it helps to phrase it in the form of:

"When this [trigger] happens in Dynamics 365, do that [action] in Google Calendar."

The good news is that both of those apps are supported!

Once you’ve determined what your trigger is, I might recommend poking around in the corresponding app to see if there’s anything that suits what your looking for! Same thing for your action step as well. 🙂

In the meantime, I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

I hope some of this helps! We look forward to digging into this with you! 🤗

Thanks Christina!  Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish:

When Appointment is Created happens in Dynamics 365, do Add to User’s Calendar in Google Calendar.  It’s basic functionality but I couldn’t find a corresponding pairing in the app.  Perhaps I’m missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Sian W thanks so much for clarifying! We’re super clear now on what you’re trying to accomplish. While the current Dynamics integration doesn’t offer a way to trigger off of new appointments or activities, I do see that we have an open feature request for a “New Activity” trigger, which in theory, would trigger when a new event is created. 

I don’t have an ETA on when you can expect to see this released but I’ve added your vote to this issue, which means we will both email you when this becomes available and we’ll circle back on this thread with any updates in the meantime. 

Sorry that your particular workflow isn’t going to be possible at this point in time but I am hoping it gets added for you soon! 🤞