Best answer

Stripe - > Mailchimp

• 3 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Hope that someone can help me with this!

This is what I want to do:

When New customer subscription is created in Stripe (customer.subscription.created) , add subscriber to a tag in Mailchimp (Mailchimp then sends an email to the subscriber)

Purpose of this connection is to send a Welcome email to all new customers with a subscription. However, I noticed that Mailchimp only sends to customers already subscribed to the audience. The thing is that the customer comes from Stripe, and not from Mailchimp to Stripe, so they doesn't exist...

/Mathilda

icon

Best answer by jesse 11 March 2020, 11:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having THIS issue - no TAGS appear in the dropdown options for me. I do have many tags in Mailchimp currently. I would think they would be showing up. But they aren’t. I know I am connected to my Mailchimp account because I was able to select the Audience I wanted the subscribers to be added to. I just can’t get it so I have any options to select in the tags field.

DISREGARD! I figured it out! That Audience I selected was an old (empty) audience with no tags. That was my problem. : )

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @MathildaBonnevier, just stepping in for Liz here!

In that case, you will want to have 2 action steps in your Zap. The first should be to "Add/Update Subscriber" and the second to "Add Subscriber to Tag in Mailchimp".

Give that a try and let us know if that works for you - we want to make sure you're good to go here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MathildaBonnevier, sorry for the confusion here!

If the MailChimp Campaign (and automatic welcome email) is triggered from a tag added to the subscriber, then you'll need to use both the Add/Update Subscriber action and then the Add Subscriber to Tag action. First use the Add/Update Subscriber step to add them to MailChimp and then use the Add Subscriber to tag action.

Does that help? Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hello,

So I am using "Add Subscriber to Tag" but it doesn't work if the subscriber is not in my Mailchimp Audience. And as this is a welcome email none of my subscribers are in my Mailchimp Audience. See screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 15.49.18.pngThanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MathildaBonnevier,

Sorry you've run into a hiccup! I would suggest double-checking your Action in Mailchimp to make sure "Add Subscriber to Tag" is selected versus adding or updating a subscriber:

Untitled ImageLet us know if this solves the issue- happy to answer any additional questions you may have!