Question

Slack Messages to Spreadsheets

• 13 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Team,

hopefully s/o is able to help me :)

I want to export slack messages to spreadsheet - but not every message.

We have some colleagues who share their names, working time and working progress in slack; e.g.

“John Doe

10.07.2021; check in 17:00”

“John Doe

check out 20:00

3 contracts

4 maintenance”

These are two notifications which should appear in one row like this:

date    : name       : check in : check out : con. : main

10.07. : John Doe : 17:00.    : 20:00.       : 3.    : 4

all other details should not be mentioned. Hope this makes sense as I declared this process to myself a thousands times :D

br

Carsten

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Hi Troy,

I’ve found a reason which made me happy. I avoided to use Zapier and built a solution “just” by using workflow-builder. After creating a form, all details will be transferred to the correct columns. 

best regards

Carsten 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GreenLog 

Where does the data originate from that is being sent to Slack? (e.g. in a form app)

Hi Troy,

The data is sent via the Slack app. Each employee sends a message via Slack from their cell phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GreenLog 

Unless you have standardized/templatized data being sent in, I think you are going to have a hard time trying to consistently parse out the desired data points from the message.

On the other hand, if a user was to fill out a form which was then sent to Slack, then the data points would be available in a standarized/templatized format to use, and would not need to be parsed from the Slack messages, rather would originate from the source app, and could be sent to the GSheet.