Best answer

Shopify upload missing fields

• 8 December 2022
  • 2 replies

hi i am runing a zap which takes data from a sheet and uploads it as a product on shopify right now i am able to upload the product but there are a few fields missing such as the weight field stock field and when uploading a variant theren is no image field is there another way or am i missing something

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 December 2022, 03:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Brist Support 

It seems Shopify does not support custom fields in their API. You can check here what are the items they support https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2022-10/resources/product#post-products 

You might need to reach out to their support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Brist Support! Thanks for reaching out!

I see you were able to reach my teammates in support and they shared this:

It appears that the "weight" field is currently unavailable in the Create Product in Shopify action.

I've submitted this feature request on your behalf. That does a few things:
• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
• Help track interest in this feature being implemented
• Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

I also wanted to share this similar topic here where we’ll be posting if/when this feature request does go live:

Sorry to not have better news for ya here but we appreciate you raising this in community! 🙂