Best answer

Shopify customer reports filtered by tags

• 18 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a customer with a Shopify store who wants deeper customer reporting than Shopify provides - filtering by tags. Shopify doesn’t support this report. Can I make a Zap to build and update this report daily?

I’d love to hear from anyone who’s made such a Zap, or a similar one, before I install the Zap app on the customer’s Shopify store and bill for the upgraded premium Zapier plan needed.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 March 2020, 12:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AHoran! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

This really depends on what information you need in the report. If you want the report to be user-facing, you’d need to use a database app that they could look at, so something like Airtable, for example.

Then you would need to set up a Zap for each ‘event’ that you want in the report. For example, whenever there’s a new purchase, send the details to the table, when there’s a new customer added in Shopify, send the details to the table, etc. 

To get an idea of the kind of information that you can send with Zapier, take a look at the triggers available for Shopify: https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Does that help to give you a better idea of what you can do? Don’t forget that you can get a 14 day free trial with Zapier so you can try some of those triggers to see if you can get the information that you need for the report.